Fully funded social, emotional and mental health training for schools in Peterborough, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire
Mental health issues are a growing concern with the pandemic exacerbating needs that are affecting the whole school community. To address these issues, the YMCA Trinity Group is pleased to announce that schools within the Peterborough, Fenland & East Cambs, Opportunity Area programmes will be given access to a range of fully funded Social, Emotional and Mental Health training designed and delivered by the YMCA Trinity Group.
The project has been highlighted as a model of good practice and selected for expansion due to its unprecedented success, with over 1300 staff trained across 13 courses in over 50 settings. Some feedback to date includes:
- ‘Thank you so much. Really excellent & thought provoking session. Some tangible actions we can put into practice following the sessions’
- ‘Trainer’s expertise and passion really came across when they talked about attachment and how to support children’
- ‘Fascinating to hear of the names for different attachments. Frightening to hear of the high proportion of children suffering from mental health worries’
- “I really enjoyed learning about the science of the brain and the idea of mirroring”
- “Thank you for the training. It was clearly expertly understood”
In order to ensure that schools make informed choices about training, the YMCA Trinity Group is also using a locally developed Mental Health Training Competency Framework. As part of the Opportunity Area programme, schools will be given the chance to access additional 1to1 consultations to help them assess their needs and identify the most suitable courses.
Additional webinars for parents and workshops to help staff support parents are also now available, as well as assemblies and student awareness workshops.
Please note that courses must be booked and completed by July 2022, and will broadly operate on a first come first served basis. Schools may be required to complete the training needs analysis tool to ensure the courses chosen are the most suitable for their needs. All courses will compliment any other local or national initiatives that are available.
Please get in touch for a booking form or to ask any questions, by emailing:
or calling 01733 373187.
For more information about any of the mental health services, please click here.