YMCA Mental Health Training
Our training is based on a locally approved competency framework for schools and covers a wide range of needs for all audiences. In just over three years, over 300 staff in over 450 schools have accessed the programme, with 99% recommending the courses and 95% saying they enjoyed the content.
In the current climate, courses have been adapted to be offered virtually, giving schools even more flexibility.
The 2020/21 programme has just been launched and includes a number of new workshops and courses in response to local need and emerging research. There will also be a series of FREE webinars for parents and staff to help schools deal with the changing needs over the next academic year.
Whilst our face to face courses have been postponed until further notice, we are now busy looking at alternative ways of supporting schools, in a time where awareness of needs and confidence in working with young people and families is even more important. Here is what we are doing:
New workshops and courses include:
- Eating Disorders – a one day course to help schools better understand eating disorders, delivered by our inspirational trainer who has a lived experience.
- Mental Health Awareness for Managers – a three-hour workshop giving managers the knowledge and skills to meet both HSE and NICE standards for identifying and addressing risks to mental health in the workplace.
- Train The Trainer Courses:
- Delivering Parent & Student Workshops – a one-day course to enable you to run your own awareness workshops using evidence based resources
- Delivering the Young Health Champions Level 1 Award – a one day course showing you how to deliver our accredited award to enable peer support programmes to be developed in your setting
- Supervision Skills: Applying Creative Skills to Reflective Practice – a two day course to enable you to provide effective supervision to your staff, whilst also including clinical supervision for yourself
- Level 2 Award in Student First Aid (11+) – a new 3hr programme allowing schools to meet the new statutory requirements for 2020/21. We also have a Mini Medics course for 7—11 year olds
For more information about any of the other services we offer, please click here or contact the office on 01733 373187.YMCA Mental Health Training Calendar YMCA Mental Health Training Guide