The Daily MileTM is a free national initiative, supporting schools to get children fit for life and fit for learning, by encouraging them to run or jog for 15 minutes every day in their school. This physical activity promotes social, emotional and mental health and wellbeing, as well as fitness. It takes place outside in the fresh air during the school day at a time of the teacher’s choosing. Children run in their school clothes, with no special kit or equipment required.
There are resources available to give some guidance and ideas around doing The Daily MileTM in the current climate and Living Sport are on hand to support you.
The Daily Mile County Recognition Scheme is to recognise and reward schools delivering regular physical activity via The Daily Mile, through its Core Principles. It is introduced with backing from both the Director of Public Health and the Director of Education at the City and County Councils, to help embed The Daily Mile within the school day.
Why Sign Up to The Daily Mile?
- It’s free
- It’s easy – 15 minutes of jogging or running every day
- Free resources and implementation advice is available. Click Here
- Your school’s Pin will show on The Daily Mile Global Map
- Registered schools showing that they are delivering The Daily Mile through the Core Principles will receive a specially designed school fence banner
- To register for The Daily Mile click here
- Schools that can demonstrate that they have truly embedded The Daily Mile , using the Core Principles, will receive The Daily Mile Quality Assurance certificate, endorsed by the Directors of both Education and Public Health
- Minimum period of delivery 4 months to include the first Spring Term
To apply for the banner or certificate please complete the short questionnaire here.
Contact us at Living Sport [email protected]
The Daily Mile logo and ‘The Daily Mile’ name are trademarks belonging to The Daily Mile Foundation, Hawkslease, Chapel Lane, Lyndhurst, UK and are reproduced with permission. All rights reserved.