The Daily Mile™ is 15 minutes wherein children jog or run at their own pace during the school day, at a time of the teacher’s choosing. We recommend this be during lesson time, so children have their full break / play time. The Daily Mile is not Sport or PE, but rather health and wellbeing through physical activity. It is a fully-inclusive, free and simple initiative which improves the physical and mental health and wellbeing of children. There is no extra workload for teachers and it helps to raise attainment.
This new scheme is to recognise and reward schools delivering regular physical activity via The Daily Mile, through its Core Principles. It is introduced with backing from both the Director of Public Health and the Director of Education at the City and County Councils, to help embed The Daily Mile within the school day.
Why Sign Up to The Daily Mile?
- It’s free
- It’s easy – 15 minutes of jogging or running every day
- You will receive free resources from us, including; a Welcome Pack, Stickers, Certificates, and more. Click Here
- Your school’s Pin will show on The Daily Mile Global Map
- Daily Mile Autumn Campaign and FREE resource pack
- Registered schools showing that they are delivering The Daily Mile through the Core Principles will receive a specially designed school fence banner
- To register for The Daily Mile click here
- Schools that can demonstrate that they have truly embedded The Daily Mile , using the Core Principles, will receive The Daily Mile Quality Assurance certificate, endorsed by the Directors of both Education and Public Health
- Minimum period of delivery 4 months to include the first Spring Term
Contact us at Living Sport
Anna O’Leary – firstname.lastname@example.org
T: 01487 841559 EXT 3034
M: 07921 831878
The Daily Mile logo and ‘The Daily Mile’ name are trademarks belonging to The Daily Mile Foundation, Hawkslease, Chapel Lane, Lyndhurst, UK and are reproduced with permission. All rights reserved.
Bassingbourn Primary School - June 2020
Trumpington Park Primary School - June 2020
Queen Edith Community Primary School - June 2020
Queen Emma Primary School - June 2020
Shirley Community Nursery and Primary School - December 2019
View All Certificate Award Winners