The Daily MileTM is a free national initiative, supporting schools to get children fit for life and fit for learning, by encouraging them to run or jog for 15 minutes every day in their school. This physical activity promotes social, emotional and mental health and wellbeing, as well as fitness. It takes place outside in the fresh air during the school day at a time of the teacher’s choosing. Children run in their school clothes, with no special kit or equipment required and it is easy to carry out in class bubbles/socially distanced.
There are resources available to give some guidance and ideas around doing The Daily MileTM in the current climate and Alana Lawes (email@example.com – Cambridge, South Cambs and Peterborough Schools) and Anna O’Leary (firstname.lastname@example.org – East Cambs, Huntingdonshire and Fenland Schools) are on hand to support you.
The Daily Mile County Recognition Scheme is to recognise and reward schools delivering regular physical activity via The Daily Mile, through its Core Principles. It is introduced with backing from both the Director of Public Health and the Director of Education at the City and County Councils, to help embed The Daily Mile within the school day.
Why Sign Up to The Daily Mile?
- It’s free
- It’s easy – 15 minutes of jogging or running every day
- Free resources and implementation advice is available. Click Here
- Your school’s Pin will show on The Daily Mile Global Map
- Spring 2021 Campaign – Climbing Mount Mile
- Registered schools showing that they are delivering The Daily Mile through the Core Principles will receive a specially designed school fence banner
- To register for The Daily Mile click here
- Schools that can demonstrate that they have truly embedded The Daily Mile , using the Core Principles, will receive The Daily Mile Quality Assurance certificate, endorsed by the Directors of both Education and Public Health
- Minimum period of delivery 4 months to include the first Spring Term
Contact us at Living Sport
Anna O’Leary – email@example.com
Alana Lawes – firstname.lastname@example.org
T: 01487 841559 EXT 3034
M: 07921 831878
The Daily Mile logo and ‘The Daily Mile’ name are trademarks belonging to The Daily Mile Foundation, Hawkslease, Chapel Lane, Lyndhurst, UK and are reproduced with permission. All rights reserved.
Samuel Pepys School - December 2020
Houghton Primary School - December 2020
Ramsey Spinning Infant School - November 2020
Ramsey Community Junior School - November 2020
Folksworth CofE Primary School - November 2020
View All Certificate Award Winners