The purpose of Safety Zone is to provide students in key stage 2, more specifically years 5 and 6, with a range of lifelong safety skills, in an enjoyable and interactive way. This intervention is available for free to all schools across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Safety Zone is an amalgamation of many partners, delivering different key safety messages to enable students to stay safe.
Safety Zone can be delivered in three ways:
- Face to face with schools visiting a nearby Fire Station.
Children are divided into groups to visit each partner for 15 minutes and engage in the activities.
- An hour assembly delivered by Cambridgeshire Police and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service on the school site.
This is a reduced Safety Zone and delivers messages on Road, Water, Cyber and Fire safety.
- Virtually online. Schools are able to access video content and messages via the Healthy Schools website. Supporting A4 workbooks can be sent out on request, which is recommended.
For more information or to book an assembly, email: [email protected]
Partners working to deliver Safety Zone:
- Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue service – Delivering Fire safety in the home and Water safety.
- Cambridgeshire Police – Delivering Cyber safety.
- British Transport Police – Delivering Railway related safety.
- Wood Green Animal Shelter – Delivering safety around Dogs.
- East Cambridgeshire Community Safety Partnership – Delivering Stranger Safety and Anti-Social Behaviour as part of the wider Eyes and Ears programme.
- Trading Standards – Delivering Product safety such as Kite Marks and British Standards.
- Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council – Delivering Road Safety.
- Fenland, Huntingdon, East Cambs, South Cambs District Councils and Cambridge City Council all provide various support as required.
Safety Zone School Guidance
This guidance will enable schools to access Safety Zone either face to face or virtually. It is each school’s choice as to whether it would like a visiting team to deliver a Road, Water, Fire and Cyber Safety assembly or to download and watch the online content.Safety Zone Downloads
StayWise – Saving lives through education
This is a FREE online library packed full of educational resources and activities from the UK’s leading emergency services and safety-focused organisations making it easy to find trusted materials that provide learning opportunities to help keep children safe.
The aim of StayWise is to facilitate a more effective, consistent and curriculum linked way of imparting vital life skills to todays’ young people and preparing a safety conscious environment for the generations of tomorrow.
To access the Educator Area and register for a range of resources and activities via the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service, scan this code:
To find out more about Stay Wise click here