It only takes 5 minutes to reserve a £1,200 grant for Department for Education quality assured senior mental health lead training.
This develops knowledge and practical skills to embed an effective whole school or college approach to mental health and wellbeing, including:
- understanding and identifying mental health and wellbeing needs
- approaches to plan and lead change to improve your approach
- developing your settings universal and targeted support offer
- strategies to listen to student/pupil voice and develop positive relationships with parents, families and carers
- approaches to work effectively with community mental health services
The grant can also be used to pay for supply cover to back fill the individual undertaking training, or for further support to sustain your approach to mental health and wellbeing. Schools can access training from a number of DfE quality assured providers including the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough YMCA Trinity Group, who have successfully developed beginner, intermediate and advanced programmes which align the training to our local mental health system offer. More details can be found here about all of the programmes, which include provisional dates for the 22-23 academic year.