Delivered by the Healthy You, Healthy Schools Stop Smoking Service
The Healthy You, Healthy Schools Stop Smoking Service has been developed in response to feedback from schools on how to positively support young people aged 12 – 18 who are known to be smokers/vapers.
It is being delivered into secondary schools by Healthy You (the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Healthy Lifestyle Service) in conjunction with the Healthy Schools Service.
The aim is to provide a referral pathway for any young person who either wishes to quit smoking or vaping or would benefit from some dedicated advice and information on the potential risks of these behaviours as well as the associated regulations.
The programme consists of different components including:
- 3 consecutive behaviour therapy sessions (approximately 30 – 40 mins in duration delivered in a small group)
- 1:1 consultation as needed and on request
- Tutorial and assembly presentations
- Informal Drop In opportunities – set up over the lunch time period
- Guided referrals into the Healthy You Stop Smoking Service for anyone needing nicotine replacement therapy
The focus is on providing non-judgemental support to empower young people to make informed decisions as well as changes to their behaviour.
For more information, visit:
To arrange an informal meeting or to ask any questions contact: